One of the best parts about planning a baby shower for a loved one is designing the invitation! With so many unique color and design combinations, it’s easy to create a special reminder for this exciting occasion. In addition to the overall theme, the wording on the baby shower invitation is another way to let your creativity shine. Choose a fun and wacky line to get the guests excited or keep the information simple to let the design of the invitation shine through.
Whether you prefer to use a traditional, timeless phrase or a few unique words of your own creation, be sure the baby shower invitation wording comes straight from the heart to make the event extra special!
What To Include On A Baby Shower Invitation
In addition to the traditional information, liven up the invitation with a few cute words and phrases! Be sure to include key factors such as the date and location, along with fun add-ons such as a cute poem in an eye-catching, colorful font.
Time And Date
Make sure the most important details are front and center, including the exact start and end time of the shower. If possible, give guests an idea of what events will take place when so they can accurately plan out their arrival. List the schedule of events so guests know when to arrive in time for the main events such as games and gifts.
Be sure to give the exact address, along with any easy-to-spot landmarks to save guests from the stress of potentially getting lost. Include cross streets, nearby restaurants and stores to give them an idea of where they are headed. Also, encourage guests to reach out or check in to avoid them getting lost and missing out on any important parts of the celebration.
If the couple is sharing the gender of the baby, include gender-specific terms to help the guests know how to choose their gift. Soft, rosy colors and light, sweet terms are perfect for celebrating a baby girl. When welcoming a bouncing baby boy, go for deeper, rich tones in greens and blues with playful wording!
If you’re planning for a gender neutral shower, stick with words and phrases that focus on the arrival of a baby. Use phrases such as “new addition”, “little one” or “baby on the way” to get friends and family excited!
Whether you opt for an electronic invitation or prefer to send by mail, don’t forget to clearly direct guests to the registry to find a gift for the baby. Include any login or passwords on the baby shower invitation needed to access the wish list of goodies for the baby!
Baby Shower Invitation Wording Examples
Now that you know what important information to put on the baby shower invitation, take a little extra time and make it fun. Use one of these examples as inspiration for your shower invitation and the special day!
For a Girl examples
- Sugar and spice and everything nice — it’s a girl!
- We can’t wait to meet our little girl!
- Join us in celebrating our perfect baby girl!
- A beautiful little girl to love and adore… we couldn’t ask for more!
- We’re absolutely tickled pink that it’s a girl!
- A baby girl is on the way… so let’s have some fun before delivery day!
- Dresses, dolls and curls… guess what! It’s a girl!
For a Boy examples
- Let’s celebrate this new mommy with all things blue!
- Oh boy… a little man is on his way!
- Ahoy! It’s a boy!
- A boy is joining our crew!
- Come celebrate our newest bundle of joy… a bouncing baby boy!
- Trucks, trains and tractors… oh my! It’s almost time to meet the little guy!
- We’re jumping for joy – it’s a boy!
- Come share a giggle and a toy for a sweet baby boy!
- Bottles, bibs and more, let’s shower this baby with gifts galore!
- A little prince is on his way!
- A bundle of joy, we’re ready to meet our little boy!
For Twins examples
- Twice the fun is on the way!
- Our family is growing by two!
- Twice the blessings, twice the love!
- Double the love, double the fun!
- Two little babies, oh the joy!
- Good things come in pairs!
- Twice the love, twice the grins – we’re having twins!
- One, Two… there’s so much to do!
- We prayed for one, God blessed us twice – Oh how nice!
- Have you heard the news? We’re expecting two!
- Need a clue? We’re welcoming two!
Gender Neutral examples
- Join us to celebrate our new little one!
- Twinkle twinkle little star, how we wonder what you are!
- We have a bundle of joy on the way!
- A bundle from heaven to love and adore is on their way!
- Ten little fingers and ten little toes, we’re so excited to see our family grow!
- Let’s shower our favorite mom-to-be before the big day!
- A brand new baby is on the way – let’s celebrate!
- We have the formula for fun!
- Tiny hands and tiny feet – there’s someone we can’t wait to meet!
- A cute little nose and a sweet little smile, we have someone special coming in just a short while!
- A sweet baby is on their way. Let’s have a fun shower before the big day!
- We can’t wait! Someone special is coming – let’s celebrate!
- A baby is just the beginning of a beautiful story.
- Love, dreams and joy – all the sweet things a baby brings!
- Come celebrate our soon-to-be bouncing baby boy!
Gender Reveal examples
- Bowties or bows? Nobody knows!
- Blue or pink… what do you think?
- Pink or blue – a baby is due!
- Is it pink or is it blue? We haven’t a clue!
- Cars or bows? Nobody knows!
- Boy or girl – we can’t wait to give them the world!
Designing an invitation is one of the most exciting parts of planning a party, especially a baby shower! Bright colors, cute graphics and the right invitation wording are the essential pieces needed to deliver important information while getting guests excited. Shower the mom-to-be in your life with a special gift her and baby will enjoy for years to come!