Witnessing your beloved embark on their faith journey through baptism is a truly heartwarming and emotional experience. But when it comes to composing the perfect message for a baptism card, it can sometimes leave you stumped. The key ingredients for a memorable baptism card include a personalized message or wish, words of wisdom for the future, and a relevant Bible verse to mark this significant occasion.
We’ve crafted some heartfelt baptism card sayings and messages to assist you in conveying your feelings about this monumental moment in your loved one’s life. Remember to tailor your message to your audience – even if you’re not religious, sending a card and showing your support on their big day is a meaningful gesture. Focus on expressing your happiness for them.
While it’s entirely appropriate to tuck some money into the card, consider that a customized baptism gift can carry more significance and personal touch. After all, a baptism is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and contributing to the specialness of the day for both the family and the recipient is a wonderful way to mark the occasion.
Baptism card messages
Write your card with the intention that the recipient will read it when they’re older and look back on the beginning of their faith. If you are having trouble with what to say, these messages are great place to start.
- Congratulations on your baptism! May your life be filled with the joy, love and endless blessings that come from God.
- We are sending our love and warm wishes on this joyous day. Congratulations on your baptism!
- May your baptism be filled with blessings and love, and be a glimpse of the exciting journey that lies ahead of you. Congratulations!
- I hope that your relationship with God grows stronger with every passing day. Your baptism is the beautiful beginning of this lifelong journey.
- Congratulations! I am so very excited for you to embark on your spiritual journey.
- God is smiling upon you on this special day. Let his light guide you from this day forth, now and forever.
- This is such an exciting step in your journey of faith. Congratulations!
- I hope you feel the everlasting warmth of God’s love on this holy celebration, and for every day to follow. I feel so blessed to be a part of this day. Congratulations!
- I am so honored to be a part of this day. Your baptism marks the exciting beginning of your journey through your faith. Congratulations!
- May your baptism be the solid foundation that anchors and supports your lifelong relationship with God. Congratulations on your baptism!
Baptism card messages to parents
Watching their baby be baptized and begin their relationship with Jesus Christ is a huge milestone for parents. They are likely the most excited for this day, so consider addressing your baptism card to them!
- What an exciting day for you and your sweet (baby’s name). Sending blessings of love, happiness and health your way on this joyous occasion!
- I hope that you and your family feel showered with support and joy by family and friends, and are surrounded by God’s love. Congratulations on this momentous celebration!
- Congratulations on this milestone in your child’s spiritual journey. You must be so proud. May he/she always walk in the light of His love!
- Wishing you and your sweet little blessing from above all of the joy and love on this holy occasion. I hope this day brings memories that will last a lifetime. Congratulations!
- As you present (baby’s name) today and feel God’s emanating love, I hope that you feel our love and support as well. We are so happy to be a part of this day and witness such a holy and beautiful event.
Baptism Card messages from godparents
Being selected to be a godparent is an immense honor. If you are the lucky godmother or godfather, it is imperative that you write a meaningful card that your godchild can look back on for years to come.
- I could not be more honored to be your godmother/father. You are such a bright source of light in my life. I vow to always steer you towards the light of your faith.
- No matter where you go in life, just know that God is watching over you. If you ever feel lost or distraught, I will be there to offer a listening ear.
- I vow to help guide you through your spiritual journey and to help you follow the light of God. I vow to always be there for you if you need anything. Congratulations on your baptism!
- Today is a special day that brings you into the loving arms and watchful eye of God. May every day that follows be days filled with blessings and joy. I love you my sweet godchild.
- My dearest godchild, you are such a blessing in my life. We are so proud to be your godparents. We know that God already has a special plan for you, and we are honored to get to walk by your side through your spiritual journey. We love and cherish you!
Baptism card verses
A bible verse is the perfect addition to a baptism card. Use one to add another layer to your personal message, or create a special keepsake personalized with a Bible verse for your loved one.
- “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved.” -Mark 16:16
- “Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.” -John 3:5
- “John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:” -Luke 3:16
- “May the Lord give His angel charge over you, to guide you in all your ways.” -Psalm 91:11
- “Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.” -Luke 3:21
- “I have no greater joy than to hear my children are walking in the truth.” -3 John 1:4
- “This water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” -1 Peter 3:21
- “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.” -Galatians 3:26-27
- “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.” -1 Corinthians 12:13
Baptism card example
Now that you have some of the pieces of what to say, here is an example of how to put it all together.
I am so honored to be a part of this momentous day and even more honored to be your godmother. Your are entering into a beautiful lifelong relationship with God and Jesus Christ. May they always watch over you and keep you safe. I love you so much and I vow to always be there for you and give you guidance whenever you require it. You are truly in a blessing in all of our lives!
“May the Lord give His angel charge over you, to guide you in all your ways.” – Psalm 91:11