To a kid, there isn’t anything better than a new coloring book and a fresh box of crayons. Now that you’re an adult, you may miss that special kind of creative joy. Thankfully though, coloring books aren’t just for kids anymore. And for good reason! Coloring is a great way to relieve stress and boost creativity for children.
A quiet evening spent coloring or enjoying a sip and color party with your closest friends can have many long-term, positive effects. From cartoon-like illustrations to intricate, detailed designs, there are many fun printable coloring pages for adults to enjoy!
The Benefits of Coloring
Coloring has many health benefits, both emotionally and intellectually. Coloring can provide relief for stress-related illnesses and diseases such as anxiety, depression and PTSD. In addition to managing stress, coloring can strengthen different parts of an adult’s brain, resulting in changes that help with coordination and motor skills.
Another benefit of coloring is that it can improve the relationships around you and help ease social anxiety. Coloring may seem like an individual activity, but getting creative with others allows for meaningful interactions without the pressures that may come with other social gatherings.
- Relieves stress – Known to calm the part of the brain that releases the fear and stress response, coloring is a great way to unwind after a long week. Plus, studies show that it can help some people sleep better.
- Encourages mindfulness – Similar to meditation, coloring also gives adults the opportunity to quiet a busy mind. Coloring pages featuring mandalas are considered to be very relaxing based on their round patterns and concentric circles.
- Increases problem solving skills – Taking some time to color can not only make you sharper and healthier, it increases certain reasoning abilities. Coloring stimulates the frontal lobe of the brain, which is responsible for problem solving and organization.
Printable Coloring Pages for Adults
Elephant Coloring Page
Whether you’re a nature lover or simply enjoy geometric patterns, this coloring page is for you! Take your time with all the small shapes and details. Remember, you don’t have to color the whole thing in one sitting. You can leave it on your table and come back to it for a few minutes each day.
Wild and Free Coloring Page
This coloring page is perfect for any flower child or adventurer. Frame it and put it on your desk to remind yourself not to take life too seriously!
Mandala Coloring Page
A mandala is more than just a pretty pattern. It is a symbol of wholeness and infinity. Mandalas are often used to meditate and reflect on one’s journey through life. Let your mandala tell your story by choosing colors that are symbolic to you.
Under the Sea Coloring Page
For all the wannabe mermaids, coloring this page will be (almost) as fun as a trip to the beach. Use rainbow colors to create a vibrant seascape, or opt for cool tones for a relaxing vibe.
Can’t just choose one? Download and print all of our coloring pages for adults! For even more options, check out the additional printables below. We’ve rounded up coloring pages in a variety of themes to fit whatever mood you’re in.
Flower Coloring Pages
- Fairy Garden by 100 Directions
- Tropical Flowers by Happy Family Art
- Zentangle Flowers by Yet Another Mom Blog
- Hydrangea and Peonies by Just Paint It
- Butterflies and Flowers by Crafts on Sea
- Secret Garden by The Guardian
Animal Coloring Pages
- Dog by Andrew Norman
- Under the Sea by Easy Peasy and Fun
- Cats by Lilt Kids
- Owls by Get Coloring Pages
- Turtle by Trail of Colors
Quote Coloring Pages
- If You Can Be Anything, Be Kind by Dawn Nicole
- Always In My Heart By Tried and True
- Dream It. Do It. By Dawn Nicole
- Dr. Seuss Coloring Pages by The Country Chic Cottage
- Do Your Best by Just Color
Mandala Coloring Pages
- Mandala Coloring Pages by Dabbles and Babbles
- Sun Mandala by Don’t Eat the Paste
- Abstract by Art Is Fun
- Mandalas by The Maven Circle
How to Host a Sip & Color Party
The next time you’re looking for a way to bring your friends together for a fun experience, try a sip & color party! Provide guests with their choice of coloring pages, ranging from beginner to expert-level difficulty, along with a selection of colored pencils and markers. Add in some yummy treats and tasty cocktails for the perfect combination of socializing and relaxation.
Food & Drink Ideas
If you plan to throw your sip and color party earlier in the day, opt for breakfast-themed snacks and cocktails. Mini quiches, donuts and other bite-sized dishes are perfect for having something to nibble on while getting creative. Put together a coffee or tea bar for guests to get their caffeine fix, along with a cocktail bar, such as mimosas or bellinis, for a refreshing, fruity beverage.
For an early evening get-together, opt for finger foods, glasses of wine and colorful cocktails. Cocktails made with bright mixers such as pineapple and grapefruit juice are a great way to get guests excited about the fun to come!
Make sure your guests are well-prepared with everything they need to have a successful sip and color party! Be sure to include colored pencils, markers with different sized tips and coloring pages in a variety of designs and difficulty levels. You can choose one theme (like quotes) for the party, or provide an assortment!
Coloring is a relaxing activity that allows you to be creative while practicing mindfulness. As a stress reliever and creativity booster, setting aside time to get in touch with your artistic side has many benefits. Encourage your friends to get in on the fun with a sip and color party complete with unique coloring pages, delicious snacks and tasty drinks. Whether you prefer to de-stress alone or with a group, be sure to choose a coloring page that speaks to you!