Teachers and educators play a vital role in the lives of children. They help mold young minds and encourage students to challenge themselves on a daily basis. Parents trust teachers to look after their little ones and help them grow to become intelligent, caring people. It’s a job that requires lots of patience, understanding and a lifetime of dedication. With all that they do, it’s only right that we let teachers know how much they are appreciated!
It can be hard to put in words exactly how much of an impact a teacher has made in the lives of you and your family. We’ve compiled some of the best quotes and sayings to offer you inspiration for expressing your gratitude. Whether it’s for Teacher Appreciation Week or a thank you gift at the end of the school year, these teacher appreciation quotes and messages will help the educators in your life know how much you admire and cherish them.
Teachers make a huge impact in the lives of children and young adults and these quotes are the perfect way to let them know how important they are. Pair a quote with one of the messages to make it unique to the teachers in your life.
Quotes for teachers
- “Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.” – Robert M. Hutchins
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
- “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.” – Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers)
- “Not all superheroes wear capes, some having teaching degrees.” – Unknown Author
- “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.” – Carl Jung
- “A good teacher is like a candle — it consumes itself to light the way for others.” – Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
- “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” – Brad Henry Love
- “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander the Great
- “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
- “What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased.” – Unknown Author
- “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” – Bob Talbert
- “Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.” – Chinese Proverb
- “A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart.” – Unknown Author
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
- “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of the individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” – Sidney Hook
Messages for teachers
- Thank you for creating a fun and safe educational environment for my child!
- All the hard work you put in day after day doesn’t go unnoticed — thank you for everything.
- We’re so lucky that (child’s name) has you as a teacher!
- You have made such a positive impact on my child’s life and I can’t thank you enough.
- Not only are you a wonderful teacher, but you are also a wonderful role model for all of your students.
- For all the late nights, early mornings and weekends spent grading and preparing lessons — we thank you for caring so much about our children!
- There are not enough words to thank you for all that you do!
- You are an inspiration to all students who are lucky enough to call you their teacher.
- Thank you for pushing the children in your class to always be their best selves — you are helping them become wonderful young adults!
- It makes me so happy when my child comes home excited about the day they had at school — thank you for making those days so constant.
Teacher appreciation puns and gifts
If words are not quite enough to let the teachers in your life truly know the impact they have, you can always opt for a small token of appreciation. To help get an extra smile, we’ve put together some hilarious puns and little gifts to show your thanks.
Gift idea: A gift card to a local coffee shop
Pun for card: Thanks a latte for being such a great teacher!
Gift idea: A batch of homemade cookies
Pun for card: Thank you for making me one smart cookie!
Gift idea: A box of donuts
Pun for card: We donut know what we would do without your hard work.
Gift idea: A gift card to the movie theater
Pun for card: This year has been picture perfect thanks to you!
Gift idea: A basket of bath bombs and shower gel
Pun for card: You are a scent-sational teacher!
Gift idea: A candle
Pun for card: You light up the classroom!
GIft idea: Pack of new highlighters for classroom
Pun for card: Thank you for being the highlight of my child’s year!
Gift idea: A gift card to a local nail salon
Pun for card: Mani thanks for all your hard work!
Gift idea: A mini succulent or flowers
Pun for card: Thank you for helping me grow this year.
Gift idea: A bottle of wine
Pun for card: No one is wine-ing that we have you as our child’s teacher!
Great teachers are the people who make a lasting impact on our lives. Whether they’re teaching from a textbook or sharing some of life’s most important lessons, those who make it their mission to educate deserve recognition and appreciation. By taking the time to express your gratitude for a teacher, you’ll let them know how much their hard work truly means to you. If you want to go the extra mile, consider making a homemade thank you card paired with one of our teacher appreciation quotes to show how much you value the work that they put in!